During your order process, you do have the option to upgrade your equipment and we can offer you a wide range of upgrades to either a higher specification PC or Apple Mac. There are however, some important things to remember.
Upgrading Operating System
If you are looking to upgrade your order from a Windows operating system to an Apple machine, there are some key things to note:
- Some software is not currently compatible with certain operating systems and if we cannot recommend a suitable alternative, we may not be able to provide you with your desired equipment. Our trained team will be able to check for any potential compatibility issues and advise you accordingly.
- Any changes must still comply with your assessor’s recommendations.
If you wish to upgrade the memory or hard disk space on your recommended machine, we can provide you with the cost for doing this. You will need to let us know as soon as possible if you’d like to upgrade as it cannot be done once your equipment has been ordered for you.
In the instance that the changes are significantly different to your original recommendation, your assessor may have to be contacted for approval to ensure your needs are met. Significant upgrades can be things such as:
- Changing from a PC to MAC or notebook to a desktop or vice-versa.
- Reducing screen size – it may be that your assessor determined that you need a larger screen to get the best from the system.
- A change in operating systems that may have an effect on the compatibility or features of any recommended or alternative software.
Upgrade Rental Equipment
If you are due to receive rental equipment from Avantek Computer Ltd, we do give you the opportunity if you wish, to purchase the equipment. This means that you will then be able to keep the equipment at the end of your course. Any payment must be paid prior to delivery. To discuss this matter further, please call us on 0330 300 3000 and we can talk you through the process.
Any additional costs to your order by way of an upgrade will need to be covered by you. Unfortunately, your funding will not be increased to match any additional cost incurred by meeting your desired upgrade.
Please note that you cannot re-allocate money from one part of your order to another. For example, you cannot choose to use money intended for assistive software/printer etc. and put that towards the upgrade cost of your machine.
If you do have any questions concerning an upgrade, please call us on 0330 300 3000. A member of our team will be happy to discuss your options this with you.