Avantek Arm Servers
ARM Server Solutions
ARM Servers for OpenStack, Cloud Computing, CEPH Distributed Storage, Virtualisation (KVM and Xen)
If you are looking for a self-contained, highly-extensible, ultra-low power cluster solution that is based on processor technology from ARM®, then look no further than the Avantek ARM server solution.
The power-efficient ARM CPUs can help cut energy consumed by servers in data centres while bringing enough processing power to handle fast-moving web, filestore, search or social-networking requests.
Using Server-on-Chip (SoC) technology, the CPU, networking and I/O are all fully integrated in a single server chip that consumes from only 1Watt.
Avantek ARM Solutions Background:
- Certified ARM solution for linux
- Strong OpenSource support in the Linux Community – eg the Linaro organisation.
- Fully supported in the Linux Kernel and up stream enabled.
- Support from all main Linux Distributions and ARM server vendor for Ubuntu, Fedora and OpenSUSE
- ARM Server build system for the Apache Foundation
- Full Java support from Oracle
- Fully supported CEPH solution in partnership with RedHat for scaleout Object and Block storage
Many ARM Server offerings are now available:
Avantek ARM® v8 64bit Cavium ThunderX Solution for Ubuntu, Redhat, OpenSuse
384 64bit ARM cores in a 2U Solution
High Density ARM Blade Server
- 2U – 4 nodes with front access to the node trays
- 8 x Cavium® ThunderX™ CN8890 processors
- 64 x DDR4 ECC slots
- 8 x 40GbE LAN ports (Cortina® CS4343)
- 16 x 2.5” hot-swappable HDD/SSD bays
- 1600W 80 PLUS Platinum redundant PSU
The Cavium ThunderX CN8890 processor is a server-on-a-chip silicon containing no less than 48 custom ARMv8 cores.
In addition to this sheer number of high performance cores, this processor features high memory bandwidth, large memory capacity, integrated hardware accelerators, fully virtualised core and I/O, and scalable Ethernet fabric.
To be sure that the data feed to the 384 cores of the Avantek 64bit ARM server is not bottlenecked, the system has 2x 40GbE QSFP+ fiber ports for each node.
Powered by the Cortina CS4343 controllers, these ports deliver high bandwidth, low power consumption and latency below 1 nanosecond and are ready to deal with the most advanced datacentre applications.
1U 64-bit ARM v8 SoC, up to 8 Nodes, Power-Optimised ARM Server
64 Cores and 512GB RAM in a 1U System.
Configurations available include any number of nodes in multiples of 4 up to a maximum of 8. Up to 8 2.5″ HDD or SSD.
A wide range of uses:
- Scale-out parallel filestore such as CEPH– www.ceph.org
- Web: Load balanced LAMP servers in a single chassis.
- General purpose HPC
- AppliedMicro® X-Gene1® 64bit processor
- 8 x 8GB UDIMM ECC DDR3 DIMM slots
- 4 x 2.5″/3.5″ hot-swappable HDD/SSD bays
- Supports SATA III 6Gb/s connections
- 2 x 10GbE SFP+ LAN ports
- 2 x GbE LAN ports (Marvell® 88E1512)
- 1 x 350W 80 PLUS Bronze 100~240V AC PSU
- GP-GPU capable
Half 1U (2 servers in 1U) ARM Marvell Armada 370, 7/21 Nodes, Power-Optimised Web/Storage Cluster with up to 12HDD/SSD.
- Complete Rack Solution with Double Sided installation
- 76 1/2U chassis = 532 micro servers
- 456 HDD and 76 SSD
- 4 x 48-port Gb switch with 2 x 10Gb uplink
- Maximum 7.04KWatts power consumption at full load
- 220V AC, 16A maximum each side
- Uses Standard dimension rack: 60 cm x 120 cm
For SSD Storage:
- 21 nodes in a ½ U chassis
- 21 SSD
- 6 x 1 Gbps LAN
- 80 Watt power consumption
- 150 Watt Power Supply
Multiple configurations available for a wide range of uses:
- Scale-out parallel filestore such as ceph – www.ceph.org
- Web: LAMP servers in 1/2U!
- General purpose HPC .
If you would like any more information about this exciting technology or you would like us to send you a quotation, please call our Sales Team on 0330 300 3000, alternatively you can send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our team will get back to you.