Cavium ThunderX: 64bit ARM Server: 96 cores in 2U R270-T61, 24 x 2.5″
- 2U Rack (87 x 430 x 710 mm) – R270-T61
- 2x Cavium ThunderX Processor (96 cores total)
- 16x DIMM slots support UDIMM/RDIMM 1866/2133MHz, 4 channels, up to 2TB RAM.
- ASPEED AST2400 BMC with kvm and sol
- 1 x Half-length low-profile PCIe x16 (3.0 x8)
- 3 x Half-length low-profile PCIe x8 (3.0 x8 switch with SATA III)
- 1 x Half-length low-profile PCIe x8 (3.0 x8)
- 3x 40GbE QSFP+ (can break-out to 12x 10GbE with cables)
- 4x 10GbE SFP+
- 1x 1GbE Management LAN (RJ45)
- 2x USB 3.0
- 24x 2.5″ Hot swap SATA III HDD Bays
- 1+1 750W 80+ Gold Redundant PSU
- Front panel: Power on/off, Reset Button, 2x USB 3.0
- SAS/SATA 6Gb/s HDD Backplane
- OS : Linux
- Rail set
Avantek have been working with GigaByte and Cavium to produce the world’s most powerful ARM solutions.
The Cavium ThunderX is a server-on-a-chip silicon containing no less than 48 custom ARMv8 cores. In addition to this sheer number of high performance cores, this SoC features high memory bandwidth, large memory capacity, integrated hardware accelerators, fully virtualised core and I/O, scalable Ethernet fabric, and feature-rich I/O.
With all these features working in unison in a processor supported by the server industry’s major operating systems and development environments, the Cavium solution is ready for the most demanding datacenter-grade applications.
Fully compliant with ARMv8-a architecture as well as ARM’s Server Base System Architecture (SBSA) and Server Base Boot Requirements (SBBR) standards.