Applied Micro X-Gene: 64bit ARM Server: 8 cores in 1U R120-P30, 4 x 3.5/2.5
ARMv8 Based 1U Rackmount Server with GP-GPU capability
- AppliedMicro® X-Gene1® 64bit processor
- 8 x 8GB UDIMM ECC DDR3 DIMM slots
- 4 x 2.5″/3.5″ hot-swappable HDD/SSD bays
- Supports SATA III 6Gb/s connections
- 2 x 10GbE SFP+ LAN ports
- 2 x GbE LAN ports (Marvell® 88E1512)
- 1 x 350W 80 PLUS Bronze 100~240V AC PSU
- GP-GPU capable
This datacentre-oriented system is built around Applied Micro’s X-Gene 1 ARM SoC, an eight-core chip with a 2.4GHz clock speed and 45W TDP. The CPU cores are Applied Micro’s own design, and they are compatible with the 64-bit ARM v8 ISA.
This implementation pairs the SoC’s quad-channel memory controller with eight UDIMM slots. Each slot can take modules up to 16GB and 1600MHz ECC memory.
The system offers dual 10-Gigabit Ethernet controllers in the SoC with SFP+ connectivity. Two Gigabit Ethernet RJ-45 Lan are also included.